“LIFE IN 2050”
Level : Form 4 (Intermediate and advanced)
Time : 70 minutes
By the end of the lesson, students should be able to obtain, process and use information from the website and present the information in written form through posting it in Yahoo! Group.
One computer per 2-3 students, with an Internet connection and a web browser. Each student or group should have joined the class Yahoo!Group: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/o_emp
1. Locate site offering information on life in 2050.
2. Check site before the lesson.
3. Make sure students have joint the Yahoo! Group
4. Prepare task and worksheet to be answered by students
1. Teacher asks students to describe how the world would be like in 2050.
2. Teacher relates the discussion to today’s lesson.
3. Students are sent to the chosen website
4. Teacher instructs students to read the article ‘How will life in 2050 be like?’ by Cristina Nuta.
5. Using the worksheet given, students are asked to extract main ideas from the text.
6. Teacher discusses the exercise with the students.
7. Each group is then asked to sign-in the Yahoo! Group and follow the instruction posted.
8. Teacher guides each group.
9. Every message will be first read by the teacher (the administrator of the group) before being approved and posted in the group.
10. Teacher discusses with students the activity conducted.
Step 7 is not expected to be finished in the classroom. Student are given 2-day duration for them to post their answer.
* In the next lesson, students are to write an essay on the same topic based on the extracted main ideas, yet in their own version of writing.
Hi students! I'm sure that all of you have read the article `How will life in 2050 be like?' by Cristina Nuta. I believe all of you have already mastered the main ideas presented in the article.
Your answer must at least be 80 words in length.
Let me show you a sample of how you should go about doing it...
Main Idea 3: Transportation in 2050
It is stated in the article that cars will run on new, clean fuels and they will go very fast. Cars will have computers to control the speed of the car and there won't be any accidents. I totally DISAGREE with this statement. I strongly believe that human factor is the greatest determinant in causing road accident, regardless how wonderfully-technology-equipped the car is. However, I agreed that one day the computer will control the car and drive it to our destination…..